IGNORED

Assitance in removing honeycomb wire in RK pipes

Hey all: don't post much but am on here daily but I need some advice on how to remove the honeycomb wire mesh that is in one of my 07 RK exhaust pipes. I put them on my 07 RSV three months ago and are much louder than stock. It is in the left one only and yes I have drilled both pipes out in front and back and they sound great but it seems the left pipe isn't as loud. I also wonder if its worth my time to even take it out as I don't know if it will make it any louder. any thoughts or advise appreciated. Happy holidays to ALL!!!

Brian D.

I took mine out with a 1/2 in masonary bit with an extension so I could reach it all . All I used was a 1/2 in drill, and a little bit of patience and I got it all out. It is a brick, similar to what Ford used in their cats years ago and can be drilled out. I've had no issues with it since and they really sound great. Just make sure you shake all the small chunks out cause you'll hear strange rattles inside your pipe. Also, I used a long steel rod with a hammer to break the cat into small peices after drilling it out. The closer together you make your holes, the easier time you'll have in breaking out the brick. My 2 cents! :2cents:

Brian