IGNORED

2009 rally sights and events

Snarley Bill

i just recieved a pm from a member wanting to know what kind of events will take place at the 09 rally in arkansas. so rather than just tell him, i thought i would post on here for people who have never been there. first off the area we will be in is some of the most beautiful and best riding country in the usa. since we are expecting such a large turn out we will have maps available for various rides so people can group up and go sight seeing on there own. eureka springs is about 40 miles away and is one awesome tourist area.there is so much history and unique things to see in the old town area. the hub where the host motel is is a motorcycle resort with a nice motel, restaurant, meeting hall and is the starting point for many good rides away from town. the hub motel is full of our people exclusively and the resort will be ours for the meet duration. there are motels listed in nearby harrison ,9 mile from the hub, and they are listed under rides and rallies. we will be in the heart of the arkansas hill country and the scenery is unblievable. bring your cameras the picture taking is endless. we will be close to beaver lake, taneycoma, bullshoals, and branson is a nice day ride for anyone wanting to head up there. as for shopping the area is a shoppers paradise. you could spend days in eureka springs alone. there are ferry rides, eateries, and craft and antique shops everywhere. i could go on and on and not cover half of the things to do. if anyone else who knows the area wants to chime in and elaborate on the stuff i have missed or forgot. please do so this will be a big help to the folks that are trying to decide whether or not to make it next year to hopefully the biggest event the venture riders have ever had. we are expecting a record turnout for this one so we are giving it our all. any questions chime in and some one on the site will have an answer if i don't. looking forward to meeting alot of new people and seeing my old friends. bill :welcome1: :clap2::2133:

come on folks, give me some help on this post. anyone that has been in or lives in the area of the 09 rally fill in some of the things i have missed in the tourist and riding area. just wanted to add something i forgot. at the event we are going to have vendors, lots of comeraderie, lots of riding, possibly rider skill games, several raffles including a bushtech trailer , a 50/50 for st. jude, and a custom designed and hand made beltbuckle commemerating this meet, a catered final meal with prime rib and all the fixins. we will help groups put rides together. we won't have planned rides for the group as a whole cuz we are expecting a very large turnout, and that just would'nt be feasable. we will have small groups taking off everyday on really neat rides to different areas. we will have some other surprise things going that i haven't thought up yet. how about a dunking tank so all the folks that don't like me can get their evens. NOT going to happen. :rasberry: . this is going to be the meet of all meets if i have anything to say about it ,and i do. so please chime in on this post to help people make their decision to be there. :clap2::clap2: bill :2133:

come on folks, give me some help on this post. anyone that has been in or lives in the area of the 09 rally fill in some of the things i have missed in the tourist and riding area. just wanted to add something i forgot. at the event we are going to have vendors, lots of comeraderie, lots of riding, possibly rider skill games, several raffles including a bushtech trailer , a 50/50 for st. jude, and a custom designed and hand made beltbuckle commemerating this meet, a catered final meal with prime rib and all the fixins. we will help groups put rides together. we won't have planned rides for the group as a whole cuz we are expecting a very large turnout, and that just would'nt be feasable. we will have small groups taking off everyday on really neat rides to different areas. we will have some other surprise things going that i haven't thought up yet. how about a dunking tank so all the folks that don't like me can get their evens. NOT going to happen. :rasberry: . this is going to be the meet of all meets if i have anything to say about it ,and i do. so please chime in on this post to help people make their decision to be there. :clap2::clap2: bill :2133:

The memo I got said Cindy was going to be in the dunk tank..Sorry Cupcake...:stickpoke:

:D:D :crackup::crackup:

Seriously,These are some of the most scenic roads in the country..No matter which way you go from the Hub,you can't go wrong.We can't wait...:)

Bill I can tell that you and your crew are pretty busy with the planning of the rally.

However I was wondering. Would it be possible to have some of your local friends who know the roads be our guides for the various rides you have planned.

I suppose there will be several at the rally and it would sure be a lot easier for the directionally challenged members (like me) who don't know the area.

Wayne

Bill I can tell that you and your crew are pretty busy with the planning of the rally.

However I was wondering. Would it be possible to have some of your local friends who know the roads be our guides for the various rides you have planned.

I suppose there will be several at the rally and it would sure be a lot easier for the directionally challenged members (like me) who don't know the area.

Wayne

we will be working on that. colesgrandpa is my ride coordinator. and i will get with him. i hope to have ride leaders to head out various rides, with a bike count limit. to many bikes on each ride gets to be a hassle. when it gets closer i will ask for volunteers to lead rides. i am going to try to cover all the bases. sure glad we got an early start on putting this meet together. it is quite complicated, and i am having a ball doing it. bill :2133:

one other thing i forgot to mention, my good buddy lewis, aka. dragonrider, is putting on vogel again this year. if you have the time you can swing down to georgia and get the rest of the greatest riding in the country. i plan on doing vogel after the 09 rally. been there twice and it is a top of the line and big meet. looking forward to it again this year unless my scoots get repo'd. could happen i guess. lol. :2133:

We would really like to do the Vogel meet as well as the IVR09 as we have read much about it on our site.

I will have to look it up on the map.

Now I really am going to have trouble waiting, fortunately we ride all winter in Arizona.

Wayne