IGNORED

Anyone have pics of Flanders install on an RSTD?

Guest Shep

I ordered the Flanders full-back handlebars and plan to put them on my 07 RSTD next week. If any of you have done this and have pics that would be greatly appreciated. NOTICE: it is for an RSTD not a Venture. I need to see how you RSTD guys took off the speedo and re-routed the cables. Also - if you bought new cable that won't help me much 'caue I am going to do this with the existing cables

Thanks,

Shep

Shep, check out my pics in the gallery. I didn't have to do anything other than put them on.:080402gudl_prv:

Man - I am running into trouble with cable/brake hose length....especially the front brake hose - throttle side.

I had to unbolt the brake line from the "splitter" that is under the forks and re-route it to the back side to get enough length.

I just finished installing the wide max pullback handlebars on my 05 RSTD. Had to reroute the throttle side brake line as well as all of the electrical cables from the throttle side. No big deal. I initiall re-routed the throttle cables, but didn't work out, so I moved them back to the original routing. I like the feel, but don't like that the stock cable ties can't be reused since the little screw or whatever it is that holds them against the handlebars are welded to the bar. Also had to drill a new hole for the throttle cable assembly. I had a friend weld a washer and nut inside the handlebars and the stock bolt for the end weights won't reach, so I ordered two new m6 90 bolts for them. Would be much easier to do a 2nd time.