I've been hunting around, and I can't figure out exactly how to remove the class computer so I can do the E4 repair. On my 86 venture royale, the class is attached to a pivoting mount, so I can easily get to the plugs, but I can't get it out, I loosened the four screws at the back, but that doesn't seem to be all I need to do to get it out of the fariring. Need some experienced assistance please.

You just carefully use a screwdriver to spread that portion of the top fairing cover.

When you can pop one of the round lugs out of the hole in the side fo that cover, just rotate the controller a bit upward around the long axis (perpendicular to the axis of the lugs/pivot points) and the other side will come out.

Installation is simply the reverse: Get one lug in, pry outward to spread and rotate the controller down to lock into the hole.

Murph'

• 2 years later...

I have to say Thank you to Freebird - the photos and explanation to fix the CLASS E4 was perfect - I would have never found the solder points on the circuit board without the detailed instructions. I couldn't see the bad solder points, but my son saw them and did the touch up soldering for me and now my CLASS works great.

Thank you :cool10: