IGNORED

Elite 3 vs. Venom's

Two questions:

Has anyone ever used both. I have been using E3s with good luck but, need to replace the rear @ 11.5K not bad, but could be better I think. The front has over 50% remaining. I just wondered if anyone could say which one lasted longer for them.

Two

I know a few posters on the site have said they've purchased the HF tire changer w/mc tire option. What's your opinion? Worth it and did you buy a mc tire balancer as well or how are you balancing your tire/wheels? I'm mechanically inclined, but also don't want to spend money on those and then go back to taking the wheels to the shop to change them out. Thanks for the advice.

I have ran both and will have to admit that I got more mileage out of the Elite 3. I had to replace the rear tire every year with the Venoms and this summer I installed an Elite 3 on the rear and it looks like I will get another summer out of that tire. It only looks half worn out. I still have the same Venon front tire and this is my second summer to run it and will probably get another summer also. I usually ride about 10-12 thousand miles a year.

I ran the Avon, to 12K, took it off, put E-3 on Spare Rim and installed.

As far as road performance, I can't really tell any difference, Both preform

great. Used both in all conditions, Handling great with both tires.

Only the Avon, will be a little Squirly for about 3 to 5 hundred miles till it gets broke in.

No notice of that with the E-3.

Edited by GeorgeS

Thanks Bill, I may just take you up on that. I'll go ahead and take off the wheel and just bring down the wheel and new rubber. I'm in no hurry, just got back from my 3rd road trip last week. The rear tire is worn to/beyond the limit I would ride it even to Eldon. We are in Taos. I was going to order a tire but wanted opinions. I'm probably going back with the E3.