IGNORED

dice run for charity

painterman67

Today we put together about 100 bikes for a dice run. the procedes went to the family of a little girl (8 years old) to help her family pay the bills while they are with her at duke hospital. She is fighting brain cancer.

During the ride I thought I was the only yamaha in the group, but at the second stop I soon realized I wasn't. The beautiful road star pulled up behind me. I got a few pics with my camera phone and will post them as soon as I figure out how to resize them. VR site says I can't upload them unless they are under a certain size and I think it is just over.

Talked to the owner and his wife about the site so who knows, maybe they will come and visit us.

100 bikes and we raide approximately 3 grand for this little girl and her family. If I had to miss the saint judes ride I guess this is a good excuse.

P.S. I dropped my bike coming into the parking lot. Lady in front of me moved over into my line and my choice was to hit her or hit the brakes. Needless to say I chose the brakes and then it was on. gravel doesn't make for good quick stops. no major damage just a few more scratches. Then I proceded to imbarass a few of the harleys when they decided to race the rice burner. When I went into second gear she got scarry strong and picked the front tire up. No more takers after that. I,m broke this week after the charity run but I promise I will send my $5 opps i dropped it fund in next week.

David

Oh yea forgot to mention. Even old harley riders can learn a few tricks. I read a post on hear a while back ( how to pick up your bike by Skirt) and used it in front of everyone. Then I had to demonstrate it again using the smallest lady in the group and she picked up her husbands full dresser harley. It took 6 of us to put the bike down without a scratch and she brought it up by herself.

David