The last 2 times I have been on bike and had the radio on, it would drop to 89.7 FM from 107.5 FM by itself. Cannot be able to use preset to get back to 107.5. When I hit preset, it goes to 107.9, then have to use step down button to get back to 107.5.

Early this summer took connections apart on sound system, used eletric spray cleaner and then put dieletric grease on all connections. Haven't had any problems up until now.

Any ideas??

Don H.

OK, is one of the presets set for 89.7?? If so, the switch is most likely starting to short out. As far as the preset overshooting, perhaps it's program got goofed up. Try resetting it back to the right frequency (tune in, press memo, then the preset you want) and see if that fixes that problem...

I don't know on the 1 Gens, but many stereo systems have two power supplies to them. The first is constant power regardless of the key position-this allows the system to maintain things like clock and presets. If this power is interupted by changing the battery or a blown fuse, or broken wire the presets are lost and reset to the factory defaults (usually the two extremes and some in the middle). The second power is connected to the key switch and will allow the stereo etc. to function only when the key is in the on position.

Chances are that the power source that maintains the presets, has been lost. I wish I know which fuse or wire to tell you to test.

Dave

Dave, thanks for the tip on the power interuption. Yesterday, had bike at work and tried to start it and it wouldn't start. Started checking things and found the ground on the battery was loose. Tightened ground and it started, guess you diagnosed problem from far away. Anyhow, will have to reset presets and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Don H.