IGNORED

Which pipes/slip-on's are these??

BigBoyinMS

I had the stock harley muffs on mine and they were OK, a little too quiet and "tinny" while the CVO/Screaming Eagles are more throaty to just plain loud and mean.

You can mod the stock RK muffs to go between quiet and loud and there are a variety of ways to do that.

I had a mounting kit from R-Mark that was really well put together (adapters/brackets, hardware) and got a pair of stock RK muffs off of ebay for around $25.

When harley puts the muffs on they use a clamp that leaves a pretty good mark on the mufflers and changes the shape of the end that goes on the exhaust pipe. You may want to try and get a new set (not a working pull).

The clamps will not cover the scratches but they are hard to notice so you may be able to live with them (for $25-35...).

Have a pipe expander handy as you may need it. Also the clamp can be tight - and in the kit I had there are some sweet clamps - so I took the bolt out of mine, wedged in a screw driver and expanded the clamp.

Once they are one the HD pipes look great.

On my bike and all others I've seen once you change the exhaust they pop on decel like crazy. I've got to modify my AIS to see if that helps, many people I know have had their jetting changed.

I have a set of the HD RK pipes as my "quiet" pipes - I just put on a set of Baron's bag slash pipes and while the tubes are much more narrow (I painted the ends with flat black high temp paint) they are LOUD and make my RSTD sound like there is a small block chevy motor in it.

Regards,

gp