IGNORED

Turn Down Exhaust Tips

Guest tessa c2

yup and after you have them off, they will have a tendency to turn insiide once you drive. what i had to end up doing is drill a small hole on top between the spring clips inorder to hold them in the correct possition

Ahhh yes I have seen that thread, I was hoping that the ones with the turn down tips were different. A guy can wish, right?

Mabe a long drill bit and go thru the back cap and thru the rear baffle?

I seen a thread the other day where someone had cut off the back of the mufflers b/c they were rusted and then drilled thru the baffle, wonder if you could do that and then still reattatch the turn down?

I am probably only going to ride this bike thru next summer and hate to buy the slip-ons for it, but that is probably the best bet in the long run :starz:

The turn-downs are just tips that slip on the end-cones.

Yeah, I was just thinking about that, if I had a 3/8 or 1/2 drill bit that was like 2 feet long... There are 4 different baffles per George's pics. That "tail pipe" section goes thru the rear two. If I could drill 3 or 4 holes in the forward two baffles, that might let just a bit o' growl out.

The tips require the rear cones to slip onto. Anything else would be a custom job left to the discretion of the rider!

Jeremy