IGNORED

Front Brake question....

Took the 96 RS out tonight. Noticed a CLICK CLICK CLICK sound coming from my front end. Doesnt seem to get faster or slower with speed. Funny thing is, when I touch my brake lever and apply a little pressure the CLICKING stops for a couple of seconds then starts right back up again.I stopped and felt the right and left disk and they didnt seem over warm or one warmer then the other. Thought it might be a piston sticking on the caliper but not hot at all. Any ideas for my next step to search out this irritating sound? Thanks to all for input!

Took the 96 RS out tonight. Noticed a CLICK CLICK CLICK sound coming from my front end. Doesnt seem to get faster or slower with speed. Funny thing is, when I touch my brake lever and apply a little pressure the CLICKING stops for a couple of seconds then starts right back up again.I stopped and felt the right and left disk and they didnt seem over warm or one warmer then the other. Thought it might be a piston sticking on the caliper but not hot at all. Any ideas for my next step to search out this irritating sound? Thanks to all for input!

The fact that it doesn't change tempo with speed has me stumped.....

:confused07:

It was a damn front left outside pad...I guess the caliper got stuck in a little bit and it was clickin around in there. I took a real good look at it this morning. Little mirror and pen light. There was a little more play in one then the other. Took caliper off and pressed in the pistons...problem solved. I guess that might be why you install the spring...lol...has one now and all good. What was strange was that it was actually in time...click click click click...I blame the tic on these roads around Shaw AFB!...That was a first for me. So I am glad to say everyone can sleep tonight!