IGNORED

My Way Sea-Foam Soak

Yammer Dan

A good soak will cure "most" carb problems.

Here we go again. You will need: Sea-Foam:

:Piece of fuel line about 18 inches long same size as on rear of fuel pump. About any cheap line will do.

:1/2 Pint or so of fresh gas:

:Set of small vise grips

:Screwdriver to open drain plugs on carbs:

:Container to mix Sea-Foam and gas.

Mix about 2/3s can of Sea-Foam with about 1/3 fresh gas. I have done this with pure Sea-Foam but restarting is hard.

I use vice grips to close off fuel line coming from tank because those old petcocks do not like to be messed with. Deal with that later but if your petcock works good just shut it off. If not here we go. Remove side panels to get at carbs. Find rear of fuel pump. On left of bike as you are sitting on it. Clamp off line going to rear of pump and rmove from pump. PLace your piece of line in it place. Leave for now. Take screwdriver and open all drain plugs and drain as much as you can from carbs. Drain screw is on bottom right corner of carbs as you face them on bike. Hopefully you will get something out of each carb. When you have them drained close them, Place line into Sea-Foam and turn on switch. You will hear fuel pump clicking. It should suck the Sea-Foam into the carbs. Let it cycle until you think carbs are full. Start bike and let it run a few minutes. Watch your mix and don't run out. When you are sure carbs are full of mix shut bike off. Rehook everything as it was. Don't restart now. Leave it sit at least overnight. I've left them 2 or 3 days. Won't hurt a thing probally helps. Draining carbs again before restarting keeps you from running a lot of crap thru engine and will cut down on neighbor complaints. When you restart it will Cough.Smoke,Fart, Belch,Sneeze and a few other things. This has cost me a set of plugs at times. It will bring stuff out of there that will scare you. But after you get the Sea-Foam out I BET it runs better. I have done this several times on stubborn bikes. Using Sea-Foam as recommended with prevent 95 per cent of carb problems. I have used other mixes for this but Sea-Foam is safe and will not harm carbs. I use a mix of BerryMans Chem Tech, Sea-Foam and gas on really dirty ones and have used pure Chem Tech. Get it at Wally World.

Don how many more times am I going to have to one finger this??

Edited by Yammer Dan

My way is easie than that ......I spray 2 containers ......in the 4 carbs stacks...... leave it over night ..........Next moring..... start it up ....and... the neighbours call 911 .....by the time... all the gray smoke is gone .....The scoot runs like a charm...... The fire truck is trying to find the burning garage :rotfl::rasberry:

My way is easie than that ......I spray 2 containers ......in the 4 carbs stacks...... leave it over night ..........Next moring..... start it up ....and... the neighbours call 911 .....by the time... all the gray smoke is gone .....The scoot runs like a charm...... The fire truck is trying to find the burning garage :rotfl::rasberry:

I do that once in a while Charlie. It helps at times. My soak is for neglected carbs.

Believe mixing the seafoam with gas like you stated works a whole lot better than pure seafoam.

I had let my Seadoo RXP sit for 14 mos or so and dumped a can of seafoam in a relatively empty tank.... after cranking a few times there was a loud POW!...

I was lucky, Didn't really hurt anything but blew clamped rubber boot off of the exhaust that is expelled under water...LOL

Only thing I'd add to your techique is to drain each carb once again before you try to start. No use to pump that dirty concoction into the heads...:confused24:

Then again what do i know ...

Believe mixing the seafoam with gas like you stated works a whole lot better than pure seafoam.

I had let my Seadoo RXP sit for 14 mos or so and dumped a can of seafoam in a relatively empty tank.... after cranking a few times there was a loud POW!...

I was lucky, Didn't really hurt anything but blew clamped rubber boot off of the exhaust that is expelled under water...LOL

Only thing I'd add to your techique is to drain each carb once again before you try to start. No use to pump that dirty concoction into the heads...:confused24:

Then again what do i know ...

Good point. Draining and refilling would make restart easier. I do that at time but not always. And at time I'll use a can of Deep Creep onthem after I get it restarted. The reason I add gas is to make it easier restarting. They don't like to crank on pure Sea-Foam. But the soak is the best Tune-Up tip I know of on these things.

A good soak will cure "most" carb problems.

Here we go again. ..................

Don how many more times am I going to have to one finger this??

Dan,

I added a thread on to show how to subscribe to threads so you can go back and find them easily.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?p=743959#post743959

Doing this would make re posting same things a lot easier next time a question is asked again.

The search function is a fallback also, but even using the Google search option at the bottom, it leaves a lot to be desired.

Gary