IGNORED

Road Star xv1700 to 2nd Gen Venture Brake swap

Picked up a complete front brake set from a 2007 Road Star xv1700.

Four piston calipers, 14mm master cylinder and it all has the correct chrome cruiser look.

Best part is that every little bit of it was a direct swap. Same splitter, hose length etc.

Only saw one mention of roadstar calipers in an R1/R6 caliper thread. Didn't see anywhere that the entire set up would change right over.

20171217_164037-M.jpg

20171217_164028-M.jpg

Just curious, Why???

The 2nd Gens come with an auto type caliper that only applies pressure from one side against the rotor. 2 pistons on one side and nothing but pads on the other. The R1/R/6/Stars are equipped with calipers that have pistons on both sides. Much better braking and pad wear. I don't know why Yamaha decided to go the 2 piston route in the first place with just about everything else supplied with 4 pistons???? Even the 1stGen MK II's have four piston fronts. Thought they learned their lesson after the MK I lack of braking... Gives wonder about the R&D and Design depts smarts???...

Big advantage with a four piston setup vs 2 piston.

If my poor memory serves me correctly, The newer Road Stars also have semi-floating rotors that are a direct bolt-on to the RSV wheels that add greatly to braking as they run cooler, thereby increase brake pad performance and life. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. This has been something I have been thinking about doing to my RSV this winter. The guys over at the Road Star Clinic confirmed that it should work.