IGNORED

Turn signal out!!

My '06 RSV has the left rear turn signal, (As you sit on the bike) out. I've tried all the fixes that the Clymer Manual suggests with no help. The socket, bulb & wiring up to under the seat are good (I switched the right rear to the left rear under the seat and it worked fine!)

I've added a Kuryakyn Triple Whammy, air horn, LED running lights & LED side reflector lights. After disconnecting all of them, except the Kuryakyn, the problem still persists.

There seem to be three flasher controllers on the bike; one in the right lower panel (which clicks!), two inside the front fairing. The manual only talks about the one on the right, inside the fairing (With the brown/brown-white wires.)

If I order any controller, there is no return on electronic equipment. I'm in a quandary and would appreciate any help from you guys (and girls!!)

P.S. The problem has persisted for over a year with intermittent outages; often when it's cold, up to total failure in the last month!

:confused24::confused24::confused24:

Edited by bill4you502

I believe the left rear turn signal feeds off of the same brown wire as the front left turn signal. So if the front is working the flasher is working. What I don't know is where the junction is located. Where the front and rear wires come together. It looks like you will have to get your test light and trace the brown wire until you find the break.

Mike