IGNORED

Amplifier for MP3 player or IPOD

I'm sure some of you guys have already figured this out but for some this may be interesting. I never listen to the radio. I always listen to my MP3 player. On our last big ride we had 12 bikes and most of them had load pipes. Going though Atlanta we also had the noise of 18 wheelers and cars. I had my MP3 player turned all the way up and the volume on the AUX pegged at 30. Yes I was getting distortion but it was the only way I could hear my MP3 player.

The next day I was going through my junk and I noticed a old battery powered MP3/IPOD amplifier. I connected it to my MP3 player and turned the amp on and wow what a difference the amp made. I have Polk db401 speakers in the front and stock speakers in the rear. After a few minutes of listening to my music and trying the volume out my son pops his head into the garage and tells me my wife said to turn the volume down. Ok well I will take my Venture down the intersate and test her out. Without turning the volume up on the MP3 player and with the volume set at 20 on AUX the MP3 player was load and clear all the way up to 100 mph. WOOOHOOO!!!! Cheap fix.

Now this amp doesn't do anything for the radio or cb but I hardly ever use either one of those anyway but for the MP3/IPOD it is great, cheap and easy to use.

Harry:sign woo hoo:

I got mine at Radio Shack. It seems like it was $19.99 or maybe $29.99. It takes two AA batteries. You maybe able to find one cheaper on Ebay. I just zip tied it with two zip ties to my throttle cables. Of course depending on the type and size you get you can put them in several places. Mine has a place to hook up three devises so I guess I could also run two sets of headphones also.:thumbsup2: