IGNORED

Turn Signal/Hazard light problems

Hello All,

I've got a head scratcher and am hoping ya'll can point me in the right direction. I am working on my 2007 RSMV that has a Hannigan Trike kit on it. I had the left front turn signal bulb not working so I replaced it and it works. Now I noticed that when I put on my hazards, nothing changes. All running lights are illuminated, but not flashing. When I put on my left turn signal, the front turn signal blinks, the rear signal blinks and the auxiliary brake light flashes as well as the two auxiliary strip lights on the trunk flash. When I put on the right turn signal the front signal does not flash, but everything else in the rear is blinking in addition to a couple of front facing running lights I mounted in the trike frame.

When I apply the front brake I hear a loud click coming from the lower left fairing. The brake lights work except for the auxiliary strip I added and the auxiliary running lights that go out.

I checked the wiring connections in the rear and have not found any issues. I did order and apply another hazard relay next to the coolant reservoir under the right side cover with no change. It clicks just like the old one did. With it came a smaller relay that I think goes under the front fairing, but I have not cracked the fairing to apply it until I rule out some other potential problems.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by MongoE9

The first thing I would check would be all grounds. Even to the point of taking the bolts out, cleaning and reinstalling them. Sometimes they look good from the outside but not so in reality. You could also string a jumper to the ground side of the light that is is not working. One end on the battery negative and the other to the affected light ground portion of the socket.

Thanks for the reply. I found the issue to be the trailer connection wiring to be grounding out. Once I separated them all better that resolved the problem. Now I find that the small blue relay under the left lower fairing, which apparently works the brake lights is malfunctioning. It clicks every time I squeeze the brake lever and some auxilary lights go out. THat is weird. Any suggestions? I figure that relay must be bad.