IGNORED

How Deeply Do I Install The Fork Slide Bush and What Loctite for Damper Bolt?

I'm ready to put my '93 forks back together and have a couple questions.

1. How deeply do I install the upper slide bush (referred to in the maintenance video as the "upper bushing", official name "metal slide #1", P/N 3JJ-23125-00-00)? The Yamaha maintenance video at 3:38 says to "lightly tap it into place".

2. Do I actually need to use Loctite on the hex bolt to secure the damper rod at the bottom of the outer fork tube? If so, what Loctite version is required...red, blue, some other?

Edited by Bob K.

I'm ready to put my '93 forks back together and have a couple questions.

How deeply do I install the upper slide bush (referred to in the maintenance video as the upper bushing, official name "metal slide #1")? The Yamaha maintenance video at 3:38 says to "lightly tap it into place".

Do I actually need to use Loctite on the hex bolt to secure the damper rod at the bottom of the outer fork tube? If so, what Loctite version is required...red, blue, some other?

Bottom the bushing on the shoulder of the tube. You will hear it change sounds once it is all the way down.

Use blue loctite (medium) on the damper rod bolt.

Bottom the bushing on the shoulder of the tube. You will hear it change sounds once it is all the way down.

Thanks, Du-Rron. I see that now. There's a perfect recess for it in the top of the outer fork tube and a shoulder upon which it rests.

20180828_175259-1.jpg