IGNORED

Using Utopia & Ultimate

Guest Andy

I have the complete Ultimate set up for my 97 RSTD. Every once in a while I like to have just a solo look. With the Ultimate set up, the driver uses the backrest that is part of the passenger seat. So, I got hold of Bob at Utopia to find out if his backrest would work with the drivers Ultimate seat. He wasn't sure but sent me the bar to find out (at no charge mind you). Well, the bar fit so I ordered the rest of the backrest. Now, going solo with the Utopia backrest and the Ultimate drivers seat is nothing short of sweet. However, I discovered that you cannot use the passenger seat (minus the Ultimate drivers backrest) with the Utopia backrest as the seat cannot be pushed forward enough to get the rear bolt in. No biggie...use the Utopia baackrest pad with the Ultimate bar. So with this ability to have a mix and match combination you end up with the best of both worlds. Pretty cool! For my comfort I prefer the larger Utopia backrest pad, although the Ultimate backrest is certainly an excellent product.

Andy