IGNORED

Nuvi 250 or 250W

magnum-pei

Hey All,

Has any one used the Nuvi 250 on there bike?

A couple local box stores have the Nuvi 250 & 250W on sale for the same price ($179)

I know it is not a waterproof GPS but figured I may use it on the Venture occasionally.

My question is would the 250W be too big for the windscreen? or should I just get the regular Nuvi250?

The Garmin Zumo 550 is quite a bit out of my $$ range.

Hey All,

A couple local box stores have the Nuvi 250 & 250W on sale for the same price ($179)

I know it is not a waterproof GPS but figured I may use it on the Venture occasionally.

My question is would the 250W be too big for the windscreen? or should I just get the regular Nuvi250?

Check out the magellan 2200T water proff bought mine on E-bay new for 100.00.

Works great.

Brand new one on Ebay buy it now 134.00

Item 270270295138

Joe

Edited by star4772

Allan,

I can't say much regarding the windscreen. I wouldn't think the additional dimensions would be much of a hindrance. It's only 1" wider... BUT....having had them sit side by side I can tell you that the 250W is worth the extra few $. It is so much easier to see / read. That 1" makes a world of difference (at least for me, as my eyes seem to keep getting worse. It you are going to use the suction mount, they units sit far enough away that the 1" should be no problem.

pa_don

My wife and I just got back from a 5000ish mile ride and we bought the Nuvi 250W about 500 miles into it. We have never had a GPS like it before - it REALLY helped us along the way.

I didn't mount it, my wife carried it the entire time, so I can't answer you question about the fit.

I just wanted to chime in and tell you how much we love it.

craigr

Hey All,

I use a Nuvi 650, cover it with baggie in wet weather. Works perfectly. Very easy to use and I would never be without a GPS now that I've had one. Got it rebuilt on Ebay. for under 200.