I think that is the model #. Got this unit as a freebie from the previous owner. Only thing is it didn't come w/ the cartridge. Bought the cartridge and attempted to make sure it works. Manual says hit audio button until you get the the cd and you see the icon. Well I kept scrolling through it several times and I can't get it to recognize the cd changer. I am at least getting power to the cd changer as I can eject the cartridge and when I put it in I hear it cycle through the cd's.

I tried searching to see if anyone had this issue before but I couldn't find anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Just going over the obvious here. You did run a cable up to the front faring and plug it into the correct cable in the faring, right? Maybe check and see that one of the pins didn't get bent on that connector or something. Maybe the connector is corroded from sitting with nothing plugged in. Could try plugging and unplugging a couple of times or some contact cleaner. Also, a little dielectric grease couldn't hurt.

I think that is the model #. Got this unit as a freebie from the previous owner. Only thing is it didn't come w/ the cartridge. Bought the cartridge and attempted to make sure it works. Manual says hit audio button until you get the the cd and you see the icon. Well I kept scrolling through it several times and I can't get it to recognize the cd changer. I am at least getting power to the cd changer as I can eject the cartridge and when I put it in I hear it cycle through the cd's.

I tried searching to see if anyone had this issue before but I couldn't find anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I have one I don't use. It worked when it was pulled out of the '05. If you'd like we can try plugging it in to see if the head unit will recognize a CD player at all.

az1103,

Could the cable be loose enough to still get power but not recognize the cd?

gibvel,

All the cables were already hooked up when I bought the bike. I looked inside the connector and at least the one that goes to the cd changer it looks pretty clean. I would just have to take apart the fairing to look there. But I do know it was working at one point for the previous owner. Brings a good thought. Need to find out why he took it out. Bummer says he took his out. Might be for similar reasons.

Bummer,

That would be great if we could try it. Probably won't be this weekend unless you want to come to the Westfield Star Chapter ride on Sunday. We are going to Nappanee. Meeting at McDonald's between 8 - 9am in Noblesville (on SR 32 just west of SR 37). Kickstands up at 9.

Otherwise will have to try and get a free weekend sometime to meet you.

Thanks.

Jerry.

Well, with all the talk about other cables that have vibrated loose or have gotten dirty while inside the faring, it IS possible that the cable has worked it's way loose.

I know that the radio control head cable will have enough of a connection to have power at the head but keep the buttons/knobs on the controller from functioning so, it is possible to have power and not have any control over the device.

Good luck, keep us posted as to what you find out. Hope it's something simple and not the unit itself.

Bummer,

That would be great if we could try it. Probably won't be this weekend unless you want to come to the Westfield Star Chapter ride on Sunday. We are going to Nappanee. Meeting at McDonald's between 8 - 9am in Noblesville (on SR 32 just west of SR 37). Kickstands up at 9.

Otherwise will have to try and get a free weekend sometime to meet you.

Thanks.

Jerry.

Don't tell me Westfield Yamaha finally started a Star Chapter. And they said they'd let me know...

Nahhh. I dropped STAR. I joined up right after buying my '05 Midnight. Paid cash. Got tired of the constant bashing of new people on the forum and didn't renew. Never got that free year they all kept talking about. It all seemed so darkly oppressive what with the constant harping about their super secret contract, everyone getting told to shut up and talk to the main office, and all that.

I like it here a LOT better anyway. Freebird runs a much nicer internet hangout.

Hmmmm. Well, I'm going north to Meet & Eats this weekend and next. I'm planning on southern IN on the 23rd. Hoping for Somerset KY the last of the month. (Can't make it to PIP again this year, sigh.)

Aside from that I'm hanging out at 10th and 465 the rest of the time. The CD player's here anyway. Gimme a holler 317 919 6743, I have quite a bit of free time right now. Well, during the week anyway.

Steve,

Yup they did start a chapter at Westfield Yamaha. I do know what you mean on some of the issues. I don't recall any newbies getting bashed. From my understanding (could be wrong) the dealer you bought the bike from is/was supposed to turn the info. to either STAR motorcycles who in turn sends info. to Star Touring Or the dealer just turns in the info. to STAR touring to get your free year.

I think I got it figured out though. Last night I turned on the bike and then plugged it in. Didn't work. Tonight I plugged it in and then turned on the bike. Now it is working. Could be a thing too if maybe I didn't push the cable in far enough or something like that too. The holes are already there to mount them to the inside of the trunk, now I just have to get some screws so I can mount it.