IGNORED

Coolant ypass valve help

Guest ReinyRooster

Guest ReinyRooster

Have removed the coolant bypass valve by removing the phillips screw on the side. When I pulled the valve out, I dropped it so I'm not sure if I lost any parts. There is a small spring for the a/m screw. Any other loose parts that might be lying on the driveway somewhere that I need to look for? This is from an '87. Could use a quick response.

Thanks

Reiney,

There is a small steel ball that goes on the end of the spring. The spring goes in the valve then the ball then the whole thing goes into the housing and the screw locks it in place. The ball acts as a detent so you know if your in the right place either on or off.

Hope this helps.

Mine had a leak and I pulled it out the other day and replaced the o-ring and that stopped the leak. There is a spring and a little steel ball that sits on the top of the spring that click stops it in the on and off position. look around it must have rolled somewhere,

So there are just 3 things the o-ring, spring and steel ball which seems to be the part you are missing, I am sure if you look around you will find it.

Paul

Guest ReinyRooster

Found the ball!! Now I know where it goes!! Thanks alot guys for the quick and informed info. Now I'm back to work.