IGNORED

bug off

Guest cwil2988

Guest cwil2988

Bought some of the sea foam bug off today, tried it on my scoot. I wasn't overly impressed with the windshield, but I believe the pledge was causing some issues. However, on the rest of the bike it was awesome.

BTW also tried out the deep creep, cleaned the combustion chamber and upper cylinders, and throttle body on my truck. really blowed out a lot of crap. my neighbors were hating me, when I drove it out to the store, looked like I had a blowed head gasket or something, couldn't see for a couple hundred feet back. I believe I will do it again in another 10000 miles or so.

:moon::2cents:

Greetings...

What issues are you having with pledge? Yellowing? Buildup?

I often notice that there's a haloing - glowing effect, right after I treat mine, and every little nick and scratch sparkles!

But it sure does makes cleaning a breeze!! Bugs, water born dust spots after a sprinkle, just rinse off - no effort...

I keep a big bottle of diluted Dawn - about whatever is left dried up on the squirt nozzle (about 10 drops in the bottle) and use that to wash the bike once a week everything - including the windscreen. You can barely detect any blue tint in the water. Then wipe the bike with a pledge laden cloth. (those yellow fuzzy autoparts store ones that absolutely suck at absorbing water) It strips off last weeks pledge...

Guest cwil2988

I have no issues with pledge alone, I just think the bug off was not doing well when it hit the pledge treated windshield, had to wash with regular cleaning soap and start over. normally I don't have any problems out of pledge

I had a bunch of bugs on my windsheild a few days ago, and didnt have anything to clean it off with. I found my bottle of Plasma tv screen cleaner and did it ever do a great job! it lifted the bug residue and left the windshield nice and clean, no swirls, and not much scrubbing. If its good enough for my plasma I guess it should be ok for my Scoot! (the Pledge I use from time to time didnt seem to be an issue either, but it did take all of the pledge off too)

Brian:cool10::cool10: