IGNORED

Motorcyclist Injured After Hitting Bathtub on Louisiana Interstate

juggler

"COVINGTON, La. — A boxed bathtub fell from the bed of a pickup truck and slid into a motorcyclist's path Saturday, critically injuring the 72-year-old rider, Louisiana State Police said."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,264846,00.html

I'm just posting this as a reminder that you have to watch everything. Even the loose stuff in the back of people's trucks. I've more than once been pelted by gravel, dirt ans sand from a dump truck up to 1/4 mile in front of me. I also saw a pickup truck loose his entire load of aluminum cans on a major interstate bridge. Luckily I was in my car at the time. I've seen mattresses, sofa's, lounge chairs and more fall off of peoples cars and trucks. Peoples loose loads can be far more dangerous than the idiot behind the wheel.

:biker:

I was behind a pickup truck full of carpet, padding, and tack strips. I saw the tack strips box was open and they were about to fall out, so I pulled into the other lane and dropped way back. Sure enough when the guy went through the intersection the tack strips went all over the road. I was able to pull off into the Burger King, but several cars had their tires damaged by the tack strips. The guys in the pickup tried to pull "We don't speak English" trick. That just made people mad and then the cops showed up. Those guys in the pickup understood everything the cops said. I hope they went to jail.