IGNORED

How to remove grips?

Guindalf

Hey all,

I got a set of Kuryakyn ISO grips that I want to put on my '03 RSMV.

I'm sure I'm not the first to have done this mod, so any tips for removing the old grips and placing the new ones on?

I'm do-it-yourself challenged (I even have problems changing light bulbs!) so any help would be welcomed.

Do the weights unscrew? If so, what's the best way to get them off? I can't seem to find a wrench that would fit and I'd be worried about damaging the finish!

To get the weights off you need to pop the chrome end caps out of the bolt heads and you will need a metric allen wrench. You may also need a piece of pipe or something to make a lever.

To get the left grip off take a small screw driver and work it under the old grip to break the old glue loose. If you have an air compressor you can blow air under the grip to help get it loose.

The right hand grip is a bolt on operation. Take the switch box apart to expose the cable ends then loosen up the cables enough to disconnect them.

Install the right grip first and then match the left grip up with the right before you glue it on.

OK, given up for the evening. Will try tomorrow.

How the heck do you get the cables off????

I've tried and tried - must be doing something wrong!

Did you loosen the adjusters off? Grab the cable with needle nose pliers, lift the cable out of the groove then pull the barrel shaped end out of the slot side ways. Hard to explain, just bring it over here and I'll show you....

Never mind - I got it!!!

I was scared to loosen the throttle cable, but when I did, it was easy.

I told you I was mechanically challenged!

Thanks again for the offers of help. Now to find the screw I lost and finish up!