IGNORED

1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 SS Gas mileage?

buddy

OK I know its not about a motorcycle. But I would like to see if any body here would know the average MPG on a Camaro with a LT1 motor.? car has 91,000mi uses no oil and no leaks.

A good friend of mine just bought himself a 880 - 830? Harley motorcycle. I went by his house today to replace a belt on his police car. I was teasing him that I should be a police officer due to him having a 2007 Chevy pickup - New Harley and the Z28.He said he was selling his Z28 Super Sport and wanted to know if I wanted it? This Camaro looks in excellent shape and he always kept it show room clean. Anyway I wanted to get another car to drive to work when the weather was bad. And my Farm truck F-150 4X4 gets about 10 -14 mpg plus it has over 217,000mi.

He said I could have it for $5,500 dollars, guess this is a good price?.

I asked him what mpg he got on the Z28 and he said I don't know I just drive it. he does not worry about gas mileage. I'm not worried about the motor or drive train due to him being a A.S.E mechanic too.

Anyway I was wanting to know a ball park average on a 1997 Z28?. Being a sport car I'm not expecting it to get 30+mpg, but I would be happy if it gets 20-22mpg? I do have a 1981 Camaro setting in my back yard which does not look like much but with a 6.6L olds rocket bored 60*over I be lucky to get 10 MPG so it has not been drivin in some time.

I'm going by there tomorrow and give it a test drive and see how it performs and if my body will let me enjoy the ride of a sports car again?

Buddy

I have a 1995 Trans Am with the LT1. It gets 25 mpg on the highway at 70 mph but drops into the teens in city driving. It only has 28000 miles on it. I take it on vacations and once a week date nights. Except in the winter when it doesn't get driven much because of road salt. A friend has a Corvette with the same engine and gets 29 mpg but it is a lighter car, It has over 200000 miles on it. These cars have the potential for lasting a long time but in the wrong hands can be destroyed in short order.