IGNORED

Welcome SamCan

Thank you for welcoming me

I'm a 42 year old...french-canadian welder....:canada:

When I was a teenager my dad use to give me rides on his motorcycle.Sadly my dad died at 63 when I was barely 30. I hadn't started riding yet at that time. Today I ride an adventure bike...a suzuki vstrom650 2021 and I love it.

But something in me brought me back to my father's road couch...it was an old venture royal.

Found one on facebook lately that has been sitting in a barn since 2018.it's all original with all the plastics intact and all the accesories working.it's a 1986 venture royal XVZ13DS

But since it's been sitting in the corner of a garage since 2018 it needs some mechanical love(fluid change..maybe carb clean-up...breaks and other stuff)....like I said I'm a welder...not a mechanic but I'm not an idiot and I know what to do with my hands when I'm being told what to do so I'll get through the simple stuff and I am hoping that this place will be a source of knowledge for me and this project.I expect to keep this bike forever and still ride it in 20 years and see people's reaction to this old machine.🤣 

So the project slowly begins

20230625_174003.jpg

• Like 1