IGNORED

Carb rejetting at 3500 feet

Hi everyone,

I have a 2006 RSTD and have read several posts (and Freebird's excellent detailed step-by-step picture show - Thanks!) regarding 17.5 pilots and going up one size on all main jets. I have a question about altitude.

I am at 3500 feet in Calgary, AB and often travel the Rockies at 6000 ft plus...

I have K&Ns, BUB slipons and the Dyna ignition module. Has anyone with similar equipment run for long periods at 3500 - 6000 feet? If so, how did the richer mixture work out?

I'm for anything that adds smooth and more HPs but don't want to go the wrong direction and end up too rich....

Oh and I pull an Aspen Classic which is large as trailers go - probably 500 pounds loaded

:confused24:

In re-reading my post at the top of this thread I see that I wasn't clear. (Gee, I knew what I meant..!) :)

I would like to have more power and crisper response, especially at lower speeds. It seems from several threads that with the simple mods that I already have, going up one size on the pilot and main jets has helped others with similar minor mods. But the threads I read were from lower elevations, like in Michigan below 1000 feet.

What I would like to know is, has anyone with the larger pilots and mains spent enough time at altitude (3500 - 10000 ft) to know if the larger jets result in a "too rich" mixture while up high? :confused24: