IGNORED

NEone have a Shoei RF-900 with a headset in it?

I have a Shoei RF-900 helmet and am looking at headsets. If you have this setup, what headset are you using?

I have been looking but the mic's look so huge and I do not have a whole lot of room from my chin to the the chin part of the helmet.

I can figure out the wife's helmet, it is newer HJC and looks like it is designed for a headset. And, she has plenty of room at the chin area.

Don't know if this will help at all, but all of our helmets are Shoei's, RF-800's, 900's and 1000.

I've got a "Shoei" head, so that's what fits.

Anyway, I use an Autocom unit and have put their headsets in all the helmets over time. Never had a problem, but Autocom recommends their mike be right up against the lips for best results. Never bothered me.

One used helmet I bought someone had put a headset in and they cut a hole in the chin padding and must have had the microphone right there.

Good luck!

Paul

Guest 1154
I have a Shoei RF-900 helmet and am looking at headsets. If you have this setup, what headset are you using?

I have been looking but the mic's look so huge and I do not have a whole lot of room from my chin to the the chin part of the helmet.

I can figure out the wife's helmet, it is newer HJC and looks like it is designed for a headset. And, she has plenty of room at the chin area.

I JUST INSTALLED ONE LAST WEEK IN MY RF900.

IMC.motorcom. Model HS-G15. $69 CDN plus Tx.

Speakers are very thin 6mm.Just had to cut out a piece of material to fit the attached double sided tape. They have a thin soft cover over the speakers and don't interfere with the ears.

The mic velros to the chin bar Not that big either. Overall size of about a quarter. The box says compatible to the Goldwing. As in the catalogue at the dealers did not show specific for RSVs. Dealer actually called the manifacturer to confirm the fit for RSV. But I did have to increase the base.They're not bad for the price though.