IGNORED

Seat trim removal issue

IMG_0097[1].jpgJust in case anyone else runs across this problem. I have a vetureline back rest on the bike and I was using as a safty line lifting point while I had the bike up on the stand. Regardless of that I believe the bracket puts stress on the small positioning screw that is one of three that hold the black plastic side cover on below the seat on each side. I think I have had this problem in the past. The back two screws always just come right out. The front one has always given me a problem. This time I started drilling on it and was about to run off to the hardware store to buy a better drill bit before I stopped and check myself. I gave up on the one side and went around to the other side and while dealing with the same issue I got to thinking about what was going on. I took the weight off the back rest and loosened the 12 mm bolt. After that the screw came out with little effort but the threads were a mess. I went back to the other side and did the same and even with the screw head all messed up from the drilling attempt I was able to get it to turn after loosening the 12 mm bolt. Hopefully the photo helps show the issue.

Happy wrenching.