IGNORED

Removing the CB, keeping the intercom...

I pulled and ditched the CB, early in the rebuild. Never thought to check the headsets. Now I have all the audio functions, but I'm thinking the microphones are routed thru the CB harness somehow. I can hear the FM/AM radio through the headsets or the speakers, but there is no communication (voice) thru the microphones. There is, in the CB manual here, instructions about disconnecting the audio from the main wiring harness and plugging the CB audio in. Could this be the reason I've lost the comm system ? Anyone know where this plug is located ? Looks like I'll be pulling the fairing apart again... Am I on the right track ? I thought unplugging the CB connection to the amplifier would be all I needed to do. Plugged in, or not, the symptoms are the same. The mics don't work on either headset but everything else does.

Nope, the CB has nothing to do with the intercom, or it shouldn't. Try reseating the two intercom connectors on the audio connectors...

It's been a while since I drove a 1st gen so I'm trying to remember just how the system works but are you sure your mikes are good?? Isn't there a separate intercom volume control on the controller?? I sort of remember the radio volume and the intercom volume are on different circuits...