IGNORED

Roadwing shocks

Hi all,

I can bet it's been looked at before, and is a no go, but I have seen Roadwing' shocks advertised for the Roadstar's 16/1700cc. The shock of the big G/wing modified to fit a Roadie. Has this ever been looked at for a Royal? Or are the shocks way too different?

2 different animals. The length and diameter are different. Also the travel/stroke is different. The RSV shock has shortest stroke of any shock I have ever seen. You could probably make the Roadwing fit in the RSV, but you would most likely have to make some custom dog bones to make the bike sit at the right height. The problem would be the longer stroke of the Roadwing shock would cause the rear tire to slam into the underneath of the fender well before the shock bottomed out. Not a good thing. This kind of math and geometry is way above my pay grade.

The Roadwing is an amazing shock. I installed one on my 2008 RS. It's like a whole new bike. Mine has the additional RAP (Remote Adjustable Prelode) installed. The RAPS come from BMW Shocks. I can dial it in, in a matter of seconds whether riding 1 up or 2 up while riding down the road. Gold Wing Shock with a BMW RAP. Don't know who first figured it out but it was a brilliant idea.

Wish there was such an option for our RSV's.