IGNORED

Lower air deflectors on 2018 TC

Bronsonman

Hi to all. This is my first posting on this site. What I wanted to talk about was the lower air deflectors on the 2018 venture. I have the TC model and I did notice a big difference in the air temperature on the leg area compared to the v4 liquid cooled 1999 and 2007 model venture I owned prior to my third gen venture. Since I now live in Florida heat is an issue. I ordered the lower air deflectors kit and installed them. I took the bike on a 225 mile ride several days ago and I must say the lowers help distribute the engine air away and out from the seat area. Keep in mind while stopped is a different story but once in motion a major difference in air flow. I would recommend this purchase. Installation is easy but time consuming. All panels are clearly marked for drill points once the crowl panels are removed. I did recommend that Yamaha make this a standard for future bikes in my purchase survey to Yamaha.

Hi to all. This is my first posting on this site. What I wanted to talk about was the lower air deflectors on the 2018 venture. I have the TC model and I did notice a big difference in the air temperature on the leg area compared to the v4 liquid cooled 1999 and 2007 model venture I owned prior to my third gen venture. Since I now live in Florida heat is an issue. I ordered the lower air deflectors kit and installed them. I took the bike on a 225 mile ride several days ago and I must say the lowers help distribute the engine air away and out from the seat area. Keep in mind while stopped is a different story but once in motion a major difference in air flow. I would recommend this purchase. Installation is easy but time consuming. All panels are clearly marked for drill points once the crowl panels are removed. I did recommend that Yamaha make this a standard for future bikes in my purchase survey to Yamaha.

Pictures would be really nice so we that don't have a 3rd Gen could understand. :photographing:

:farmer:

+1 to be completely honest, the TC runs hot! At times so hot it becomes uncomfortable.

I'm at a little over 9k on mine, first 8k without the lowers. Difference is night and day. I'm upset with yamaha for not including them as stock. $250 to be comfortable is extortion.

I don't really like how they look though. Messes up beautiful lines of the front end.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

They are essential IMHO, not only do they work for the heat, they also help keep the heat in on cold days. Big Bike Parts just came out with heat shields for the tank to seat transition which should also help with the rear cylinder heat at a stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
They are essential IMHO, not only do they work for the heat, they also help keep the heat in on cold days. Big Bike Parts just came out with heat shields for the tank to seat transition which should also help with the rear cylinder heat at a stop.

Thanks Yoopermoose. I just ordered the heat shields. Love the larger trunk rack they are offering for the venture too. Very cool looking. I believe much better looking than the Yamaha rack.

Thanks Yoopermoose. I just ordered the heat shields. Love the larger trunk rack they are offering for the venture too. Very cool looking. I believe much better looking than the Yamaha rack.

I agree and almost purchased it but look at the installation instructions first. Must make template and drill holes in what looks like areas that are not reinforced.

I agree and almost purchased it but look at the installation instructions first. Must make template and drill holes in what looks like areas that are not reinforced.

Yes that is the scary part after uploading the pdf instructions. Just wish Yamaha extended the rack wider. Just so unsure on that look. I might bite the bullet and do the large one.

Yes that is the scary part after uploading the pdf instructions. Just wish Yamaha extended the rack wider. Just so unsure on that look. I might bite the bullet and do the large one.

It looks better with the $99 bag and was very sturdy and offered attachment points on my trip. I kept my rainsuit and sandals in it for easy access without putting too much weight on the lid. But I wish it was wider also (and Chrome!)