IGNORED

Intermittent turn signal cancellation, and horn question

Toeman

I just purchased a 2008 RSV, I notice that the turn signals don't auto cancel every time I use them. Also does the bike have 2 horns? There appears to be a second horn on the lower right side of the bike. If this is also a horn, it appears to be inoperative.

Thanks for the help.

Turn signals work on a "distance travelled" system. From the manual:

"Since this model is equipped with a self-canceling system, the turn signals lights will self-cancel after the vehicle has traveled both about 150 m (490 ft) and for approximately 15 seconds....snip.....NOTE: The self-cancelling system only operates when the vehicle is moving, so that the turn signals will not self-cancel while you are stopped at an intersection."

As for the horns, yes, there are two horns. Even when working they are pretty week. One is inside the lower left cowling. The only one you can see is the one on the right. They do have a very small screw on the back side. It takes an allen wrench to adjust. It may be too tight or probably, too loose. Many RSV and RSTD riders either add to or replace the stock horns.

Thanks again for the Help. I did read that in the manual and am pretty sure I have gone further than

500 feet with it not canceling. I will check again. Thanks for the info on the

horns.