IGNORED

Slimy Crud Run

Air Ready Auto

The Slimey Crud Run happens in the spring and fall - kind of the beginning of the biking season and the end. http://www.slimeycrudrun.com/

Everything about it is very informal: just head to Pine Bluff WI in the morning and, whenever you feel like it, ride up to Leland WI and hang out there. Most people spend the time checking out all of the bikes. Although the website mentions returning back to Pine Bluff, I don't think that anyone actually does that. It is pretty hard to guess the number of bikes - probably 1000 to 2000 - and some riders only go to one end or the other of the route. It isn't a mass ride, you are free to come and go as you like and you ride with your friends following any route you choose. Both towns, the surrounding roads, and some of the nearby fields completely fill up with bikes. Both towns have bars that serve food and drinks. Cops usually park nearby in both towns to prevent lunatics from ripping through crowds of people doing wheelies - but overall their presence is pretty low key. Someone posted this video on YouTube a few years ago - my venture appears just after 2 minutes:

BTW, the Slimey Cruds actually exist and I happen to be a member. We meet at a bar every week for drinks and talk - a nice bunch of guys.

zag

PS I forgot to mention that there is always a motorcycle movie on the evening before the Crud Run. This year (May 5) it will be Easy Rider. Tickets cost only $1: 6:30pm Barrymore Theater, 2090 Atwood Ave in Madison. https://www.facebook.com/SlimeyCrudCafeRacerRun

Edited by zagger

Looks like you guys got dumped on with new snow yesterday (April 15). Green Bay got 2 FEET of snow. Do you guess that this will all melt off in the next 3 weeks? Around Madison we got about 6 inches of snow yesterday but we are supposed to get another 5-8 inches on Wednesday. Looks like winter all over again.

zag

Looks like you guys got dumped on with new snow yesterday (April 15). Green Bay got 2 FEET of snow. Do you guess that this will all melt off in the next 3 weeks? Around Madison we got about 6 inches of snow yesterday but we are supposed to get another 5-8 inches on Wednesday. Looks like winter all over again.

zag

We got a total of about 32" by us from Friday to Sunday. Drifts were much higher. The whether man says 50's for this weekend. Hoping that it all melts off over the next 2 weeks and we will still be able to make it down.