IGNORED

New antennas this weekend

As I was cleaning the garage this past weekend trying to find a screw that I dropped, I came across the Firestik antennas that I bought last summer for my '05. I had the on the '99 and really liked them. The AM/FM model has been discontinued but there are still some available if you do a search. So I have the CB version and the matching AM/FM version. I just hadn't taken the time to pick up the new mounting studs and fold overs so that I could install them.

Yesterday I was passing a truck stop so stopped there and found the mounts and fold overs that I wanted. So I am all set now to finally get them installed this weekend. It is an easy job will take maybe 30 minutes total. I never use the AM/FM so it is really just to maintain the dual antenna look that I like. The Firestik is a better antenna than the stock one but really not that big of a deal CBs are short range communication devices anyway and the stock antennas do fine.

I just like the black Firestiks and think that they will look especially nice on my Midnight.

What length are you using?

Getting me thinking about finding my CB FireStik, lost in my garage, and finding a matching AM/FM for my 2006 Black Cherry RSV

the one I have my be a DieselStik that FireStik made back in the 80's

Amazon has both in the 3' version

Jim

PGR member

Edited by JimElvis