IGNORED

Just added another repair before maintenance day...

comingbackdown

The line has been crossed. I wasn't mad through the valve adjustment, I wasn't mad slicing my hand open tearing apart the fairing and pulling the gauge cluster, I wasn't mad at having to send out PMs and make phone calls and travel all over two counties and read for hours on end to have a hope of getting her back on the road before winter. I haven't been mad at all yet. I still have a master cylinder to rebuild, a fuel tank to line, a shock to change (gotta try calling the owner of said shock, his PM box is full), a wheel to pull and a driveshaft to grease, as well as oil/gear oil changes to do. So I'm trying to get done quickly so I can ride to MD and don't have to cage it there.

I was out getting ready to pull the wheel and driveshaft, taking the mufflers off. One I had to persuade quite sternly. Then it comes to the right side muffler. It feels looser. Wiggle it this way, wiggle it that way, and suddenly I hear *CRACK!*. Oh goody, the rust has broken free! Let's just pull that thing out of OH YOU SON OF A $*#@@ dirty #@!)# $#*$* @*#@@! and so's your mother! Now I'm mad. Now I have some patching and welding to do. :Avatars_Gee_George::bang head: When it rains...​

muffler.jpg

pipe.jpg

I have one from my 87 MKII that I pulled apart and welded back together a few years back. I replaced it, then cut it apart to see what was going on inside....pulled the perforated baffles out of it and welded the top back on. If my MKII will fit your MKI, you're welcome to it, with the condition that I either get it back when you've repaired yours, ...or gimme yours and I'll fix it when I get a chance and keep it. I'd like to have a spare to keep around.

I live not too far from Mt. Vernon, OH, which should be about an hour South of you.

PM me if you're interested. :guitarist 2: