IGNORED

Purolator Oil Filters

Shot

Yesterday I changed my oil and tried to install a new L14610 Purolator oil filter. Could not make it screw on unless I forced it. Went to Walmart and bought another one; the same thing happened. I put my old Purolator oil filter (L14610) back on. Any ideas or is it I'm just unlucky? Also, what do you recommend as a backup for oil filter.

• See below, I copied this from a previous post---

•  

*************************************************************************************************************************************

05-03-2015, 06:02 PM #6

icon1.png

Ok boys and girls here's what I ran into today.

The filter on the right is the one I just took off the bike. The one on the left is a new one purchased today from Wally World. The one on the left will not fit my bike. The top(center that has the threads in it) is flat to a slight convex shape, whereas the old one has a concave shape to it. This is the same filter I've been using for a long time. The manufacturer has changed the stamping process some way so be warned!!!! It won't fit my bike ("09 RSV) so I'll be opening boxes from here on out when purchasing a new filter.

attachment.php?attachmentid=99083&d=1430690103&thumb=1

Kirby
    :thumbsup:
    Life's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

IBA # 35582

PGR Member

• ***********************************************************************************************************************************