IGNORED

Radio gremlins

Ok, here's the low down. I have an 05 Venture. When the bike gets wet, either by rain or by washing, I can't use the cb. If I do, the channel on the cb changes when I push the talk button. I've had the fairing open and cleaned all the connections and applied dielectric grease. Still have the problem. I have checked the ground connections for both the radio and the cb. They all appear (checking with a multimeter) to be good. I've cleaned the talk button with contact cleaner and re applied an electrical grade grease for switches. I'm at a loss on what to check next. The dealer suggested the display unit could be the problem, but over $800 is alot to spend for a guess. Anyone have any suggestions?

I had problems with my radio & CB on my 05 RSV, and it I found it to be the wire harness right behind the back rest that is between the rear fender and the steel bracket for the back rest. I wedged a 1' x 2' piece of old used tire rubber (found on side of road & cut to size with hack saw) between the backrest steel mounting bracket and the rear fender and my radio & CB never gave me another problem.

Cant say this is YOUR problem but for $800.00 I would be willing to test it out and see if a small piece of rubber would be causing your issue.

I also had to have my display unit replaced (under warranty) because it was getting water inside / under the clear lens