IGNORED

AMA Rapid Response ACTION ALERT

Ferrantelli

We need to take action NOW. Tell your Government Representatives that you want their support.

"I live, ride and work in your district and I am urging you to support motorcyclists by co-sponsoring H.R. 1076, "The HIPAA Recreational Injury Technical Correction Act.”

H.R. 1076 aims at ending health care discrimination for individuals participating in legal transportation and recreational activities-activities like motorcycling, snowmobiling, skiing, horseback riding, and all-terrain vehicle riding.

http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/rapidresponse.asp

I'll dissent. Why should the rest of a group bear the costs/liability for my taking part in risky behavior? Why should I, as a non-smoker have to bear the liability for those who choose to damage their health/kill themselves by smoking? As someone who stays in reasonably good shape, why should I bear the liability for taking care of the morbidly obese who can't/won't take care of their health?

I choose to ride a motorcycle. I carry insurance, quite a bit of it. It's my responsibility to take care of myself and my family. If it ends up costing me more for my health insurance, then I have to decide whether or not that cost is worth it to me.

I realize I'm in the minority, but there is another side to this.

Paul

I'll dissent. Why should the rest of a group bear the costs/liability for my taking part in risky behavior? Why should I, as a non-smoker have to bear the liability for those who choose to damage their health/kill themselves by smoking? As someone who stays in reasonably good shape, why should I bear the liability for taking care of the morbidly obese who can't/won't take care of their health?

I choose to ride a motorcycle. I carry insurance, quite a bit of it. It's my responsibility to take care of myself and my family. If it ends up costing me more for my health insurance, then I have to decide whether or not that cost is worth it to me.

I realize I'm in the minority, but there is another side to this.

Paul

Minority or not you have the right to your opinion.

This is not just about riding motorcycle, the insurance companies can determine many things to be dangerous activities (snowmobiling, skiing, horseback riding, and all-terrain vehicle riding, driving to work instead of using public transportation, who knows what they will stop at) and refuse to pay the medical expenses base on their opinion.