IGNORED

Project Ace Venture-a

Again I am being educated by this forum, I had no idea they had a kit to move the rear trunk. Another member of this forum mentioned the idea of moving mine when he came to see me and the thought does come and go for the comfort of my passenger but I thought it would have been something I had to make up. If there is a pic available of one please post it as I would like to see what I am missing. Yammer Dan if you sell to Resilient please would you grab a pic so I can educate myself further? Had I known I might of looked for one earlier. If Yammer Dan can't grab a pic and you come across one Resilient will you do me the same favor of sending me a pic? I am really interested in this option now. Inquiring minds would like to know.

Here's the thread I came across :) link

Thanks for the reply both of you. I had not noticed that thread before as I had not been looking specifically for that mod. The reason I asked for pics is just to determine what height and size or the mounting brackets would be. I may attempt this and I would like to make a set that look factory correct as I have done the same to all my upgrades on my bike. I try hard to keep people guessing if it is stock or not but any knowledgeable true venture lover would know what has been changed. I will be watching this build.

Pics from "Work on Bike - Day 1"

My friend Frank, myself (hi!), and Frank's friend Darrell starting to work on the bike:

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i359/Todd_Quigley/1986%20Yamaha%20Venture%20Royale/Work%20on%20Bike%20-%20Day%201/Frank%20myself%20and%20Darrell%20starting%20work%20on%20the%20bike.jpg

My friend Mark decided to try sitting on the "yacht":

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i359/Todd_Quigley/1986%20Yamaha%20Venture%20Royale/Work%20on%20Bike%20-%20Day%201/Mark%20Fisher%20on%20Ace%20Venture-a.jpg

My friend Prashanth helping to assemble the Harbor Freight motorcycle lift:

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i359/Todd_Quigley/1986%20Yamaha%20Venture%20Royale/Work%20on%20Bike%20-%20Day%201/Prashanth%20assembling%20the%20motorcycle%20life.jpg

After getting off most of the body work, we ran into a minor issue; what fool decided that the light rail accessory (that chrome bar with lots of lights below my saddlebags) was to be mounted with standard - as in NOT metric - bolts? And then of course they weren't stainless steel so they're rusted solid.

Luckily, PB Blaster is my friend! Gonna go spray some on tonight while I organize my storage unit a bit. Probably do some cleaning of the parts I can get to with the saddlebags still on :)

Edited by ResilientMonkey
Added Pictures

I like how we all think alike (referring the the land yacht comment). I have named my venture "The Queen Mary" after the english cruise ship due to the fact that over the years I have always named my rides and my wife recently complained I do not name anything after her. Well since she will ride the queen seat, and the bike is a boat, and her name is Mary I thought it only fitting. I call my Harley "Grace" for the serenity she can bring. I think you are lucky to have that many friends in on the project. People I know come around when I start or acquire a project then fizzle out and away when the real work starts then come back when the project is done. Keep the updates coming.

Sorry no pics today :( My oldest daughter and I went over to work on the bike for a few hours yesterday afternoon. We didn't do any more dis-assembly, we concentrated on just cleaning up the parts we had already removed.

I do have a bit of a rant though. While cleaning up the rear chrome rails, I was disconnecting the wiring to the accessory lights. Was it common for wires to be attached with those horrible crimp splice connectors? What a mess! I cut all the accessory wiring out - I'll rewire them with some solder and shrink wrap. And also some nice plug-in connectors so I can disconnect them easily next time.

A thought I had though was to wire up some off the accessory lights to the brake light. Anyone done this to get a more noticeable brake light?

Sounds like someone had added that crimp splice connectors as every venture I have seen has had connectors for disassemble purposes. As far as adding extra rear and brake accessory lighting it has been done in a variety of custom ways. I am sure some will chime in and or mention what they have seen or done. Myself personally have not attempted that part of my project as of yet.

Dang it! Took of the left muffler to clean it up and give me more room to clean the frame and such. Guess what I found? The collector is shot! Only 1 nipple left, all the rest are cracked or missing :(

Good thing I found one on Ebay for $50!

Oh, and sorry about the lack of pics - I can't use PhotoBucket at work on lunch so I'll have to wait until I've got some time at home to upload the pics.