IGNORED

headset location and info for first gen venture royale

wannabees

hey i have a 84 venture royale, i got it a year ago and over the winter have been tryin to understand it.

the diagram in my shop manuel says there is supposed to be a headfone jack. where is this located and what does the intercom button do? is this a part of the head set thig?

That kind of depends on what you're talking about, Brad. The button between the intercom volume and the radio volume, is to switch from the dash speakers to the helmet speakers and back. As to the headphone jack, you're not looking for a 1/4" or 1/8" plug. It is probably the DIN plug to which that is referring. It should be coming from the radio box and sit up by the "tank".

you should have a 16" or so , length of wiring, on the left side of your bike, attached to a "holder", on the fuel tank.

this wire has a plug-in, adapter on it , to plug your helmet into.

if you can't see the harness, then it may be coiled up inside the fairing, by p.o., because he didn't use it.

hope this helps, if not , ask again!

just jt

if you can't see the harness, then it may be coiled up inside the fairing, by p.o., because he didn't use it.

hope this helps, if not , ask again!

just jt

My standard didnt have one but my old VR did, I found the plug under the false tank cover.

hey i have a 84 venture royale, i got it a year ago and over the winter have been tryin to understand it.

the diagram in my shop manuel says there is supposed to be a headfone jack. where is this located and what does the intercom button do? is this a part of the head set thig?

On the early model VR this was an option, if you look at the top of the amp (under the rubber cover). You will see the cassette din plug, 2@din jacks for intercom (5 pin) & a din jack for an optional cb radio too. If the intercom interface cables are on the bike, great, but if not, they are still listed here (here is the link to the kit needed) http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=JM%2DYV%2D41

They are great to deal with, will ship USPS too.