IGNORED

Help rerouting throttle cables

I installed the Baron risers and like many others I have binding in my throttle cables now. I've taken the throttle housing apart and tried to take the wires off to reroute them. I can't for the life of me get them out though. I've loosened the risers and lowered the bars for more slack and tried to pry the cables out where they're attached with a tiny screw driver to no avail. Is there a trick to getting them loose?

When I put the risers on my bike I simply loosened the riser clamps and rotated the bars upward. Then I loosened the clutch and brake controls and rotated them slightly forward to allow the cables to get the desired freedom to move from left to right lock and not bind up.

What you need to do is get some slack in the cables to allow you to remove them from the housing on the handlebar. Find where the throttle cables operate the carburetor(s). Disconnect the cables from there, to do this you need to remove the cables from the cable holders by loosening the 10mm nuts, slide each out then disconnect cables from carb assembly. By doing this you will create the slack you need to remove the cable from the handlebar throttle assembly. Hope this helps.