IGNORED

Front Engine mount Bolt removal

Does anyone have any sugestions on how to break the front engine mount bolt free of the sleeve that goes between the 2 engine mounts on the front of the engine. I am trying to put 84 side cover mount rails on my 83. I cant get the bolt to slide out, I can see the sleeve turn with the bolt,

If you have room, squirt the area with penatrating oil, back the nut off so its flush with end of bolt, put socket on hex head of bolt (may have to use deepwell), put c-clamp end over nut and other over socket, tighten clamp to press bolt out as far as possible, remove clamp, spray bolt with oil, pound bolt back in, repeat with clamp, do till bolt is free enough to pull out. have also used 16 inch channel locks instead of clamp.

An air hammer with punch works good too if your careful.

After soaking it with a penetrating fluid called Fluid Film and letting it sit for a week or so. I put a pair of vice grips on the sleeve that goes through the left side motor mount and got the bolt to release off it. Then just had to tap the bolt out with another bolt form my parts bin. So pleased the 84 Side cover rail mounts are now installed on my 83.