IGNORED

Longish Trip with Harbor Freight Utility Trailer

V7Goose

Just an FYI for anyone wondering about pulling a trailer with the 2nd Gen - I built the cheap Harbor Freight utility trailer a while back for general use and to occasionally haul my dogs (the kit is about $125 with 8" wheels). I didn't do anything special except make certain the frame was exactly square when building it. Up 'till now, I have only used it for relatively short trips locally, but yesterday we decided on the spur of the moment to take a trip up to Oklahoma - no plans to have someone take care of the dogs, so I strapped the travel crate onto the trailer and took off. After 500 miles, I am thrilled at how well this little utility trailer tracked behind the bike. I decided that I would not pull it over 70 MPH, but it pulled so effortlessly that I had to use the cruise to keep from having the speed creep up when on the highway. I absolutely could not tell this thing was there at anything over 15 MPH - and even under that, the only issue was some noise from the hitch rattling when I hit a bump. Even with a fairly stiff crosswind, the trailer was unaffected. This little trailer may be ugly, but it sure is a great deal for the price!

Goose

Goose,glad it is working out OK..I hope the Aluma MCT I bought pulls as good as you say yours does.I have to go to the freight dock Monday at 10:30 AM and pick it up. Ive never pulled a trailer with a bike before but I willl practice, practice, practice,AND USE A LOT OF COMMON SENSE! I think That is the key. I have my hitch on and lights wired so I am ready..May have to throw Debbys Dachsunds in it and see how they like it!

Goose,glad it is working out OK..I hope the Aluma MCT I bought pulls as good as you say yours does.I have to go to the freight dock Monday at 10:30 AM and pick it up. Ive never pulled a trailer with a bike before but I willl practice, practice, practice,AND USE A LOT OF COMMON SENSE! I think That is the key. I have my hitch on and lights wired so I am ready..May have to throw Debbys Dachsunds in it and see how they like it!

and if DEBBIE"S babies don't like it, you may get a couple of "knots on your head"!

lol

then again, they'll probably LOVE riding, with their face in the wind!

good luck!

just jt