IGNORED

heel-toe shifter; attachment and setting?

My 1988 VENTURE ROYALE has a heel-toe shifter to install. It attaches via a turnbuckle to the knuckle attachment coming out of the lower casing, Questions: what is the correct position of the knuckle; up, down, or at what "o'clock" position? Also, what is the spec for setting the length of the turnbuckle rod between the two points of connection?

Thanks,

Richard in AZ

Here is a previous post about the subject with some pictures of my bikes. The second two bikes in the pictures shift backward. Toee up to 1st and down to 2 nd , 3rd, 4th and 5th.

On the last bike my 87 I tried to re arrage the arm on the shift shaft through the left cover and i could not get enough "Throw" to effectively change gears so I put it back to the original position. This is a pretty good thief deterent but if you have MBD (multipal bike disorder) you need to remember what bike your on.

Word of caution the installation of a heal toe shifter on a 1st gen has been known to break the side case where the shift shaft goes through it. Don't jump on it too hard when shifting.

As for adjustments you will just have to adjust it till it works correctly.

BTW the lever on the side case on mine is up.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?p=753984#post753984

Good luck