IGNORED

Another Baggershield Question

shmily

Just ordered the tall convertible windshield and I'm not sure if I've made a mistake or not. I'm 5'9" (on a good day). When I mark the height of the 10.5 Baggershield on my existing OEM windshield, it appears that that top of that height will be right in the center of my field of view.

Here's my question: Can you see through the smoked part of the Baggershield or is it opaque? If you the Baggershield, do you look through that portion of the windshield or do you have to look over it?

You can't see through smoked part.

You won't have any trouble seeing thru clear portion and you should be looking well below the top of the shield.

I'm 5'11" and can look over top if i really raise up but very rarely do so.

Besides, you can always trim a few inches off the top if needed.

I am about 5'8". I look thru the clear part, I can almost see over it without leaving the seat if I stretch, and I look well over the tinted part when the upper is removed. In rain and fog I use just the bottom and hunch over a tad. I keep thinking about trimming the top to see over it as that is what I have always done. But, since I can remove it when I need to, I have left it tall for maximum protection.

You all were correct. The new windshield arrived yesterday and I installed it last night. I see over it with no problems at all.

I was also impressed by how easily it installed. I'm looking forward to a temporary break in the weather here so I can test it on the road.