IGNORED

Click when I hit starter button

Several months ago when I would hit the starter I would hear a click or pop sound that sounds like it is coming from the left side under the seat. It might do this once or twice and then the starter would engage and the bike would start. This is getting worse. This morning I went out to start the bike and it took hitting the start button 6 or 8 times before the starter would engage. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my 02 midnight do this twice in the 3 years I have had it. For me it wasn't a list battery connection but surface corrosion between the ground lug on the battery. Was weird that it would provide enough current to run the electronics and light but starter would break the connection and the click was the spark at battery. Both times I was able to clean up the posts and cable. First time it happened I was at a gas station in my town and had to use the tool kit and access driver to scrape the oxide of the post. That was 2 years ago, happened again late last month and at least I was in my own garage. Recognized right of this time. Wondered if anyone else had experienced it.

I've had my 02 midnight do this twice in the 3 years I have had it. For me it wasn't a list battery connection but surface corrosion between the ground lug on the battery. Was weird that it would provide enough current to run the electronics and light but starter would break the connection and the click was the spark at battery. Both times I was able to clean up the posts and cable. First time it happened I was at a gas station in my town and had to use the tool kit and access driver to scrape the oxide of the post. That was 2 years ago, happened again late last month and at least I was in my own garage. Recognized right of this time. Wondered if anyone else had experienced it.

Yup, only once and at a gas station right after fueling up.. Every winter maintnance I clean off those lugs and connectors.. just a couple minutes to save a potential issue the next riding season..