IGNORED

Shorter windshield

Zollars3265

c'mon Zollars......we can't read your mind.....there's no way to tell from your posting, or your public profile what kind of bike you want a short windshield for. Why make us do all the work when all you need to do is type a few words to inform us.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Hi Zoller

When I bought my 83 Goldwing (in 04) it had one of those monster, almost over your head windshields with a vent in it. I rode around a bit carrying an erasable felt marker, and marked where I would prefer the top to be. Then I masked off where I thought I'd like it, and rode around some more. Eventually I decided on the height and shape, marked the windshield, and cut it off with a mini-grinder. I used a palm sander to finish the edge, and it looks (I think anyway) great. It's hard to tell without close inspection, that it isn't the original top edge.

I already had the tools, so it didn't cost me a nickel, and I got exactly the height I wanted.

Just a thought

Peter

Anyone on here have a shorter windshield they would like to sell. I really dont like looking through the shield and money is tight.

I just replaced the original windshield from my 2003 RSV with a F4. If you want to cover the cost of shipping, it's yours. This way you can experiment with cutting a windshield and not risk too much.

I won't be able to do anything until sometime after July 7. Let me know if you're interested.