IGNORED

Fairing Help

I read the post about how to easily fix the widshield tabs in the front fairing. I am looking to see if anyone knows how to repair the actual fairing tabs? On the one side of my fairing I noticed that three of the tabs are broken.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If you are taking about the tabs that the screws go into to keep you windshield on, the article by V7goose isn't what you need. To repair the tabs on the fairing you need to get a can of Oatey abs glue. You can get it at a hardware store or home depot or lowes. I called V7goose and talked to him about the glue because every can I found had a label that said for pvc. You don't want pvc glue. If you read the directions on the back of the can and it says for abs also this it is the glue you need. If the tab isn't completely broken take a tooth pick and work the blue into the crack and put the pieces together and then remove them again to work the glue into both pieces. The glue melts the plastic and welds the pieces together. It needs to set overnight or for a day. If the piece is completely broken you do the same. You just put glue on both peices. I just did this to mine about a month ago and it is stronger now than before. There is a metal piece that runs across the fairing that has holes for the screws to go into the windshield. This piece has a tab on each end and they always break. This is what V7Goose is talking about in his write up. I did that fix to my bike after I glued the broken tabs on the fairing.