IGNORED

Front Wheel Bearings?

Well the last couple days I have started noticing a squealing noise from the front wheel area. It is only when turning left or right. My thoughts are the front bearings. I have them ordered and will replace them this weekend. Any other things I should check as well? I am pretty sure it is the front bearings but want to reassure myself. Although they are getting replaced no matter what now this weekend. I figure it is cheap enough and should only take an hour or so to do.

Another thought.

Can you raise the front off the ground and rotate the tire and listen real good as to any noise?

I haven't had a chance to do anything yet. I ordered the bearings and will replace no matter what. The noise just started over the last couple days. Brake pads are good. Replaced not to long ago. And the noise is only when turning right or left. More on the left turns than right.

At 80k it is good to replace the wheel bearings. Without looking it up, I seem to recall the manual calls a 50k replacement interval.

Change out the rear bearings also. Mine went out at about 100k miles and it was an ugly sight.

I will be replacing front and back every 50-60k miles from now on.

RR