Iron Pony Motorsports

5436 Westerville Rd

Westerville, OH 43081

(614) 901-7669

HOURS

OPEN

Today: 10:00 am - 8:00 am

Tomorrow: 10:00 am - 8:00 am

They are having a big sale on their Gerbings heated gear...

I got the Pants liner, coat liner, shoe inserts, and dual controller for $450... only thing i need now is the glove liners(around 90$)

Warning... the price of Gerbing glove liners is going to double. They only had one pair for $89 which was to small for me. Ask if i paid today if they could sent them to me but when they checked it was going to be $169!!!

Was told someone bought out Gerbing...

I bought their last pants liner, no more gloves unless your 2xSmall, they have the coat liners from $119-149 and dual controllers for $99 and inserts for $99. The manager knocked some off cause i bought all four...

Ok...

Got on ebay and bought a pair of Gerbing microwire glove liners for $65 including shipping.

WaHoo!

Just did a 1500 mile trip a week ago in 40 degree weather and all I had was tha heated vest, what a difference, would have frozen my but off, heated gear is great!! Wouldn't mind having the full set, but then I would get spoiled. One question though, how do you keep the top of your head warm.:think:

Hey Capt-D,

balaclava face mask... I had to buy one while skiing at Killington VT, a few years back.

It was -5 deg. with 25 knot winds. So cold out that any exposed skin felt like someone was trying to snuff out a cigarette on your skin...

It's a fleece bottom and back, with the neoprene front construction. It has a oval shaped opening over eyes for goggles, a nose slit and 20 or so small holes over mouth.

Wear it under an Arai full face and have never got cold yet...

Probably just jinxed myself... LOL

I am usually good with just the heated vest and glove liners. Then I would wear a pair of sleeveless Carhart coveralls for my legs. This year I bought a First Gear Thermal suit. Now I put my jeans and short sleeved polo shirt on for work and just throw the suit on top. I do still have to wear the heated glove liners, but I am warmer with the non heated suit versus all the other stuff. Plus it is less time getting ready for my commute at 3:30 in the morning. I have left the house in at about 15 degrees and was still warm and toasty when I got to work. And that is 30 miles on the highway at about 75mph. Can't say enough good things about the suit. And it is waterproof as well.

So do you think the charging system will be able to keep up with all that extra equipment? My wife and I only have heated jackets and I have never had a problem. I do try to remember to turn my controller off when I'm riding slow through a town but don't always.

Had a baclava on with full helmet, head still got cold, not bad, just enough to be chilled. probably would help if I could grow some hair on the top of my head.:rotf:

I'm in the same boat as far as hairs concerned...LOL

What's your balaclava made of? there's a huge variety... the fleece neoprene combo is the warmest I've found as there's a small area in front of your moth that is domed outward with small holes that keep the heat from your breath in.

The other thing I wear is my fleece lined leather Dickie. It will keep the bottom of your jaw and neck very warm. It also helps keep the air coming up from under the helmet:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/261018255291?lpid=82

So do you think the charging system will be able to keep up with all that extra equipment? My wife and I only have heated jackets and I have never had a problem. I do try to remember to turn my controller off when I'm riding slow through a town but don't always.

I hope so but have a couple of options if it doesn't. Have been getting a lot of tips on that subject and the one steadfast tip was buy and install a digital volt meter and keep an eye on it.

Seems heated clothing is resource hogs...

Reduce electrical outlay by replacing all my OEM lights with LED's.

As you mentioned: turning down controller while idiling or at low Rpms

Buy a new higher output stator...

Waiting for my glove liners to get here so I can do a test run. err... after this snow melts off the road in front of my garage.

I am usually good with just the heated vest and glove liners. Then I would wear a pair of sleeveless Carhart coveralls for my legs. This year I bought a First Gear Thermal suit. Now I put my jeans and short sleeved polo shirt on for work and just throw the suit on top. I do still have to wear the heated glove liners, but I am warmer with the non heated suit versus all the other stuff. Plus it is less time getting ready for my commute at 3:30 in the morning. I have left the house in at about 15 degrees and was still warm and toasty when I got to work. And that is 30 miles on the highway at about 75mph. Can't say enough good things about the suit. And it is waterproof as well.

That looks like a good one to have.

I'm planning on going out west this year across the Rocky Mountains, spending a lot of time exploring. Normally at the start of the day, I put my rain gear on for the wind and chill protection as they were enough until it warmed up around mid morning.

That being said, this trip is going to see me in high elevations "all day long."

If your extremities or core gets cold, it's a miserable ride.